About Me

Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Power of the BOGO


It's Sunday morning and you know what that means... It's coupon day! As I sit here reminiscing over last week's grocery store purchase, Travis is browsing the circulars. I recently started clipping coupons again. It has become some-what fun!

Last week I took advantage of my almost-expired coupons and headed to Publix. They're right, shopping was a pleasure. I must of annoyed countless people around me as I stopped down each isle searching for the appropriate coupon when I saw an item on sale. Now let me say that I don't just buy something because it's on sale or buy something because I have a coupon for it. I only buy what I'll use. I won't go buy 5 packs of energy drinks just to save 50 cents. It's a waste of money for me.

So how did I do? To tally it up there were 8 BOGO's and on-sale items I took part in last week which saved me $29.94. On top of that I had vendor and store coupons I applied to some of them. I also got to combine vendor and store coupons on a couple items. I love doing that. All in all I purchased $125.17 worth of groceries. I saved $41.94 which brought my total down to $83.23. That means I saved 34% on my bill! Woohoo!

For someone who refuses to make this her full-time job and spends on average 15-20 mins a week doing this, I'd say that's pretty good. I know there are moms and dads out there who laugh at this puny amount, but I don't care. That's $41.94 I can spend on other things like booze and scratch-offs. Just kidding (sorta)!

No comments:

Post a Comment