About Me

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Double the Coupons


This weekend I planned to pick up the Orlando Sentinel on Saturday along with the Sunday paper the next day. Before purchasing it, I checked to see if there were any coupons inserted into the paper. I didn't find any so I left it alone.

I tried my luck again on Sunday. After having no coupon inserts last week and the day prior I was a little worried. Thankfully, there were coupons inside so I picked it up! I did, however, run over to Panera (a new Sunday ritual for me) to pick up breakfast. Since I'm a rewards member, my croissant was free. I'm really like their reward system. Since the middle of August I've had 2 free pastries and $1 off coffee.

When it came time to start clipping coupons, browsing the circulars, and making the grocery list, I noticed that they inserted double the coupon booklets into my paper! I love it when that happens. So, as Travis was out competing in his pool competition (they won regionals!) I ran off to Publix. Here were the highlights of my trip:

There were other BOGOs, coupons, and special savings I took advantage of as well. All in all my total came to $99.58. After the coupons and savings, my total was $64.70. That's a savings of $34.88 or 35%.

In addition, Sunday evening we headed to TGIFriday's for trivia. I was able to use a 15% off reusable coupon I had from a mailer along with a free appetizer card we had received.

No comments:

Post a Comment